We are seeking an experienced designer with a strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment to join our design team. The ideal candidate has a furniture dealer background and is skilled in CET.
Relocation to Gainesville Florida is desired but not required. Minimal travel required if working remote.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Works collaboratively with Sales and clients to develop creative furniture solutions that support project needs.
- Attends customer planning meetings; presents furniture concepts and information to customer for review and approval.
- Selects furniture finishes.
- Creates accurate product specifications and detailed installation drawings for projects
- Coordinates furniture layouts with Architectural and Engineering construction drawings.
- Check other designer’s specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design
- Minimum 3-5+ years space planning office environments and specifying systems furniture
- Proficient in CET and AutoCAD
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of varying types of furniture products/manufacturers and able to learn and apply new product knowledge in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize high volume workload and manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with wide range of people both within and outside of the company
- Knowledge of ADA guidelines and Florida and/or International Building codes
- NCIDQ certified a plus
About OEC Business Interiors:
OEC Business Interiors is a contract furniture (Steelcase) dealership located in Gainesville, Florida. OEC is a customer focused organization with a strong team orientation specializing in workplace strategies and creating innovative workspace solutions for corporate, education and healthcare markets.