The Sales Administrator (SA) serves as a liaison between sales, operations, and vendors. Their primary responsibility involves product and project quoting, order placement, and order monitoring for accuracy and timeliness. The SA will also address customers’ concerns regarding their order on behalf of the Account Manager when necessary. The SA must be detail oriented and always express a courteous, helpful demeanor. They will focus on providing exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Processing orders:
- Understand customer expectations regarding ship date, delivery, installation, etc. and take necessary steps to ensure their complete satisfaction.
- Process orders only if all documentation has been submitted and minimum requirements have been met.
- Make decisions on proper order processing to allow for a better managed project and to meet customer requirements, i.e. ship partial, ship complete, direct ship, drop ship, etc.
- Manage orders to ensure all vendors have acknowledged, and those acknowledgments are correct.
- Promptly communicate and correct discrepancies of product quantity, style number, finish, or price to vendor representative.
- Take a friendly, but firm, stand with vendors when trying to meet customer requirements, i.e. go the extra mile to satisfy customers.
- Immediately notify account managers and / or customers if requirements will not be met.
- Process orders in a timely manner and in compliance with OEC Process Guidelines.
- Electronic Data Management (EDM) – Archive order folders in accordance to EDM Guidelines.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction regarding orders placed: promptly address customer inquiries or complaints and take the appropriate action to resolve customers’ concerns.
- Maintain current and accurate customer and vendor information, i.e. contact names, addresses, telephone and fax numbers, discounts, terms, etc.
- If necessary, answer customer phone calls when the Account Manager is unavailable.
- Must stay abreast of price increases, new products, promotions, contract changes, etc.
Knowledge, Skill, Ability Requirements
- AA degree in Business or related field (or equivalent experience) required
- Strong math aptitude helpful.
- Excellent phone skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Some product/project management involvement.
- Understanding of Customer Relationship Management technology.
- Excellent understanding of MS Windows and related software.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Basic clerical skills. Typing 45 WPM desirable.